Unravel named as the report’s only application performance management (APM) provider
MENLO PARK, CA – Unravel Data, the only application performance management (APM) platform for simplifying big data operations, has announced that it has been included in Gartner’s March 2017 Market Guide for Hadoop Operations Providers. The report states, “Scaling Hadoop from small, pilot projects to large-scale production clusters involves a steep learning curve in terms of operational know-how that many enterprises are unprepared for.”
“Big Data offers extraordinary insights for organizations of all types, but running big data applications efficiently in production systems is still very complex,” said Kunal Agarwal, CEO of Unravel.
Key findings from the report outline the drivers of this complexity, including:
- “The proliferation of processing engines and applications within Hadoop is further compounding operational complexity. It is also forcing data and analytics leaders to rethink their deployment choices and operational practices.”
- “Public cloud is becoming a popular deployment choice for Hadoop data lakes due to the evolution of turnkey services and provider-supported availability, the ability to scale compute and storage up and down rapidly and independently, and the flexibility to choose a wide variety of compute, storage and networking infrastructure.”
Unravel was built to simplify Big Data operations. More specifically, to enable moving apps from pilot to production at any scale with a small operations team; to deploy apps in a hybrid cloud while minimizing costs; and to run apps reliably across a diverse set of engines and platforms with guaranteed SLAs.
Unravel recently introduced its version 4.0 in March (available now), which included a new set of features for improving Big Data operations, such as:
- Intelligent APM for all types of big data applications – provides automated insights and in depth real-time visuals to detect, diagnose and resolve issues such as failed, slow, stuck applications. Supports ETL, analytical, SQL, machine learning and streaming applications.
- Automatic actions for ongoing operations issues – automatically detects and resolves issues such as missed SLAs, runaway applications, service degradations and bad configurations settings.
- Support for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid environments – Unravel works for all cloud, on-premise and hybrid environments. It also provides multi-cluster support allowing operations teams to analyze all performance data in one place.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Unravel 4.0 is available now. Companies such as Autodesk and YP.com are using Unravel Data to manage and optimize their production Big Data systems. Unravel Data is available immediately for on-premises, cloud or hybrid Big Data deployments. Unravel Data currently supports Hadoop, Spark and Kafka, with plans to add support for other systems such as for data ingestion (Storm, Flume), NoSQL systems (Cassandra, HBase) and MPP systems (Impala, Drill). Unravel Data fully supports secure deployments with Kerberos, Apache Sentry, Encryption, etc.
Data sheet: http://www.unraveldata.com/datasheet.pdf
Case studies: http://www.unraveldata.com/resources